Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Fun

Jensen Beach (the town where Kaelyn goes to school) has a cool park that is right on the Indian River. They have a small beach area but the water is much calmer then the beaches by the ocean and it is shallow for a good ways out. They also have a "jumping fountain" place for kids. Best of all, it's a lot of fun all for free! During July, Kaelyn was in a summer program Mondays through Thursdays till shortly after noon every day at the same place she goes to school so one day we went to this park after I picked her up. She LOVED it and it will definitely be a fun activity to do in the future - especially since we'll have warm, summer-like weather for oh, another 5 months or so. :)


There are 2 rings of fountains around the big
fountain in the middle. The center fountain
shoots water higher then I have ever seen a
fountain like that shoot. Kaelyn pretty much
stays on the outer ring where the smaller
fountains are.








Kaelyn wanted me to walk over to the fountains
so she could watch her reflection in my sunglasses
(yeah, just a funny little thing of her's). I had al-
ready done it a couple times so I finally got her
glasses out and tried to show her how she could
just hold them up and see herself. She ended up
just putting them on. A couple minutes later,
I looked over and she had them up on her head.
When I went over to get a picture she said, "Look,
you look like Mommy." I was surprised because
I didn't even know she knew or could explain
(verbalize) the concept of looking like something
or someone. Obviously, I thought it was the
cutest thing ever.


Taking a break and enjoying some nice, cold water.
Ready to go home. The cock eyed glasses
on the head of course was all her doing again.

Yep, that's her "grin for the camera" grin. :)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Your little girl is so cute! How old is she?

Becky said...

Thanks Valerie. She turned 4 at the end of May and she is certainly our pride and joy.