Monday, August 3, 2009

Stamping

I've come to several conclusions about my blog: 1. if I do just 1 blog post every single day this week, I could actually be about all caught up on things that I want to blog about; 2. facebook tends to make me a lazy blogger because it's so quick and easy to post something without including too many details; and 3. the biggest one - if I didn't worry so much about how my blogs sounded/what people think of what I post, I would blog a lot more frequently. I don't really have any promises or solutions to any of those thoughts but I have decided to try to sit down and start to do a little catching up.
This post is some pictures of Kaelyn "stamping" one evening while I was scrapbooking. She came in to sit with me and got one of my stamps out. I got some ink out and showed her how it worked. She was quite fascinated and I was just so happy that she was wanting to sit there and do something like that. She typically has avoided activities that require use of fine motor skills because she struggles so much with them but every since she had to do things like that daily at school (along with occupational therapy for it) she has slowly developed more of an interest in that kind of thing.


I gave her a multi color ink pad (you'll see
it below in another pic.) I didn't see it
happen, but apparently at some point she
put the ink pad right across her forehead.
Thus, the "rainbow" of color you see on
her forehead.


Very intent on trying to use the stamp.




So Kay sat and stamped while I scrapbooked - kinda'
cool to me.


I am sitting in the shade by her pool blogging
while she plays but she is ready to get out so I
will stop for now and maybe get one more post
done at some point today or tonight.

2 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Stamping for a four year old - what a clever idea!! :-) How was that to wash off versus like stickers or something? Just pickin'! I was thrilled to see you back and blogging!

The Taylors said...

Poor Beck, your back and all you get is picked on!! I had to chuckle about you speaking of her "difficulties with her fine motor skills" (not funny I know how stressful that has been to you) as you post a picture of her rainbow stamp across her forhead. :-) Seemed a bit ironic. But I am with Leah...just picking as you know I am as pleased (or at least nearly so)as you are with her progress. I told John Sunday, I know how challenging it is for them "but there just isn't anything truly wrong with her in the end, she is about the neatest, most fun...she just thinks differently." We love her and love wathing the way she thinks, learns and grows!