Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Oh Me, Where Can the Owner of This Poor, Forsaken Blog Be?

In the past week, we have been in Indiana and Kentucky visiting family. We have seen: Kevin's parents, Becky's parents, Kevin's two siblings, Becky's five siblings, all of Kaelyn's cousins, Becky's grandparents, AND... (taking a breath to continue) an aunt and uncle and two of Becky's cousins! We went to: Spring Mill state park for a cookout, dinner out with extended family, a church that I have not been to in 9 years, the zoo in Louisville, Daniel Boone's grave, a Vietnam War Memorial, a game reserve, AND... ('nother breath) dinner out with all of Kevin's family at the historic Claudia Sanders restaurant (the restaurant that Colonel Sanders of KFC and his wife ran after his semi-retirement). We traveled hundreds of miles and God protected us every mile of the way, kept our car running smoothly, and blessed us with an incredibly good 4 year old rider! No complaints but after a long trip, it was good to finally walk in our own door around 11:00 last night. So without further adieu, the first "installment" of pictures along with my usual long explanations:


The four cousins plus cousin "Baby Taylor" :)
I think everyone else that took this same picture got
better shots. Weirdly enough, I knew I was very
shaky and felt like I was going to faint for a little
bit but it wasn't until I loaded all the pics. to my comp.
tonight that I realized that the first several pictures
that I took were blurry. :)


Kay-Kay and Nana - I LOVE this picture!


Kay & I eating our candy sticks from
the "mercantile" in the Pioneer Village.




Oddly enough, after sitting down on these
steps 'cause I was afraid I was going to faint,
I ate my candy stick and within 10 minutes
felt much better - kinda' strange I know.


Joy


Rach relaxing




Net & I re-creating a pose that we did about
10 years ago at this same place in the park.



Kay-Kay LOVED playing in the creek even though
it was FREEZING!


I thought this was cute.


Between slippery rocks on the bottom of the creek
and rapidly flowing water, the little ones needed
a helping hand and Joy patiently helped them.



Picture of a person taking a picture - yeah, I
know that's kind of old but oh well.


We took Kay's bubble machine and it provided a
lot of entertainment for the cousins.



Yep, it's Kevin and I.
I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the rest
of the time in Indiana and then post pictures
from Kentucky sometime soon after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your sugar dropped on you.
Beautiful pics! Glad you made it home safely.

Betty said...

My kids would have loved that water. Looks like Fun!