Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Isn't that like God?

I just have to share this because I feel like I owe praise to God:
My computer is sick again. It seems to be the same problem that I had last fall. It is extremely frustrating to me because I do not abuse and am not rough with my computer. So for a few weeks now I've had to fuss with the cord to keep the battery charging. Every since I had trouble with the plug-in jack last fall and Kevin and I kept switching batteries so that he could charge mine, our batteries have no life without being plugged in. I probably have 8-10 minutes max if my comp. is unplugged. Well, it has been getting worse to where all the sudden, the battery will just completely die and shut my computer down. The past 2 or 3 days, if it stops charging, I have to fiddle with it and fiddle with it and then when it starts charging again, I just hope that it will stay charging for awhile. Today while in the middle of trying to work on some vacation pictures, my computer shut down. After trying and trying to get it to start charging again, I finally gave up. Tonight Kevin said that we needed to try to get it running at least once more to back up all my stuff (especially pictures!) onto our backup hard drive. So I tried and tried to get it going, then he tried and tried. We finally gave up for awhile. Later I went back into the office and started messing with it again and I finally thought, "Well, it's reached the point like last time where it won't power up at all." Then the thought popped into my head "Why don't you pray about it?" And I said just as quickly in my head, "God doesn't care about this." Now mind you - it's not a lack of faith in God's power because I know God CAN do stuff like that but I always feel like "what if I'm just praying selfishly? or what if the devil is suggesting that and so if God doesn't grant my request then I'll feel silly" (Yes, I WAY overthink things!) But God has been working on me A LOT lately about battling some of the thoughts satan puts in my head to discourage me and make me a weaker Christian. And He has been reminding me in so many ways what a personal God He is. So I thought, "Maybe it's not right to pray about it but what have I got to lose?" So I simply said a silent prayer asking God to let it power up at least just one more time. I am not kidding you - this whole process took about 3 seconds. I re-plugged the cord in, twisted it a little, and the battery light came on. I know none of you are going to be surprised by that but I guess it just impressed upon me again that God cares so very much about me. Lately, it seems like every morning when I'm praying, God has just caused my heart to feel so full of praise - not for huge miraculous things but for all the small things that bring me joy - and for the battles and tests He has sent our way because I see how it is helping us trust God and give Him the credit He deserves. Sometimes, I just feel like I want to tell everyone I see how good God is to me but [sadly] I never do. I get shy or feel silly or just don't think about talking about it. This is the best way I know how to publicly praise Him. Lately, my thankfulness to Him is not just for (and on) the good days when I feel happy but more so just for the realization of how much He knows me and knows just what I need. Sure, the computer still has issues and we have to figure out what we're going to do, but the fact that God heard me in an instant felt like God just wanted to prove to me (again) that He is always here and He cares for me like no one else.
As usual, when I have a lot of thoughts racing through my head, I never feel like I express them in an articulate way. But the fact is, no matter how I sound, I know that God loves me and you so much and not only that, but on the days where I question what God is doing or why my heart is hurting, God doesn't frown at my lack of faith and trust. He just simply does something to remind me again that He hears little 'ole me, cares about me, and is doing what is best for my life.

3 comments:

Leah & Jon said...

Amen!!

Jon worked with this guy in Lake Placid who would almost startle you sometimes because he was pretty quiet, but every once in a while would just mention something about praying for something and you'd stop and realize "oh yeah, that might help!"

Jon lost his hat at work once, and he was looking all over for it. It was cold and he needed it and it was a favorite. He finally asked Wayne if he had seen it, and told him he'd looked everywhere for it. Wayne said "Did you ask God where it is?" I think Jon was surprised at the thought, but figured God DID know where it was and it couldn't hurt to ask, so he did and within a couple minutes he just happened to find it! That kind of blew his mind.

P.S.
You can help us pray for our poor hard drive! Unless a miracle happens, we've lost most of our pictures!

Leah & Jon said...

Yeah, sorry that was a really looooong comment!

Becky said...

Ohh nooo!!! That's the worst ever. I WILL pray. Something like that is HUGE to me as I've got to imagine it is to you all. And long comments are fine - especially when it's an answer to prayer that we could all stand to read about.