Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas morning!

On Christmas morning, we got up and got around then opened presents. We had to do a couple of "shifts" for Kay-Kay because she was in "overload" and getting frustrated. She did not completely understand the concept and couldn't figure out why when she opened something she wanted to play with she had to put it down to open more. After we cleaned stuff up, I prepared lunch for Rach & John and us. Because of flying out that evening I didn't want to make a huge Christmas dinner so I decided to do various platters. I waited too late to order a meat and cheese platter so I decided to try to make one myself. Now for those of you who may not know me well, that won't seem like a big deal but for those of you who know my SERIOUS lack of creativity when it comes to making things look nice, you may be surprised. I went to Wal-mart the day before Christmas and got three kinds of deli meat and three types of cheese. Then, I looked carefully at the picture of the platter hanging above the deli and went over to the produce section. There were tons of various "leaves" and I had no clue what kind of "pretty" leaves are used on those trays so I just grabbed a bunch of leaves that looked "food decoratishy". I also had a shrimp ring, a cheese ball and crackers, and wings so I got inspired to put those all on an appetizer tray. I cheated on the fruit with chocolate dip tray and just bought it. I was so shocked after I got it all put together because I really didn't think I had it in me to make it all look nice but I was kinda' impressed with myself.
That evening, we flew out of WPB. Both of our flights were VERY empty and we got bumped to first class. (Kevin still has his gold status with U. S. Airways till February.) Both flights boarded and left early and we arrived about 20 minutes early on each flight. That almost never happens when you fly so we were happy about that. We stayed at a motel in Syracuse that night and then got up and drove to Kevin's parents the next morning. I will be posting more pictures from our time here in NY sometime soon. For now, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Click to play Christmas morning
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Aimee said...

So who was "Santa?" That was neat!

Becky said...

Oh, I forgot to write about that. Our friend and Kevin's business partner was going to dress up as Santa for his kids so he took a few of the gifts we had wrapped for Kaelyn and put them in a big bag and then showed up at the door and gave them to her. It was quite cute!