Saturday, April 23, 2011

School Stuff

Kaelyn's teacher asked each parent to fill some plastic Easter eggs and send them to school for the Kindergarten Easter egg hunt Thursday.  They specifically instructed us NOT to put chocolate in them (probably because the egg hunt was outside).  I wasn't sure if that meant all candy or not and they suggested us to use stickers and small toys to put in them.  As it turned out, plenty of the eggs DID have candy in them.  So here are pictures from my shopping trip to Wal-mart for stuff.


Obviously, I couldn't use the giraffe or larger animals but each egg had one [smaller] jungle animal in it.


Each egg also got a "stretchy animal" snake -  not my idea of a treat but Kaelyn comes home with things like this from the treasure box quite often and they seem to be a big hit.  Uggghhhhh!  :)



Plastic rings from the party favor section


And SPARKLY bouncy balls.  Oooo - Aaaaaaaa!


Toy Story stickers


So I had to buy the large eggs in order to fit one of each of those things in every egg.  I had fun doing though- I guess I'm just odd.



Totally new topic now:


Yeah for Mother's Day tea with the Kindergartners! 



You will have to enlarge this to be able to read it probably.  Basically, Kay's class made cards to send to military people.  I was very impressed with the idea.  The teacher made copies of one of the cards so the parents could see what they did.  The note (above) explains a little bit better.


Front of the card.  I'm not completely sure how this was done but I know there were "puzzle" pieces that they pieced together and glued to make each card.


Inside.  Kay said she wrote the "Thank you for all you do" (with help) so I'm not sure if each student wrote that in a card and then each parent was sent the card that their child did or how that worked out.



These next few pictures actually go more with the first ones but since they were taken a couple days later, they were further down in the folder and I didn't think to upload them to blogger differently.

This was Thursday after Kaelyn got home from school.  They had their Easter party and egg hunt Thursday since they had/have both Good Friday and this Monday off.  I thought the bags they made for the Easter egg hunt were adorable.  As you can see, the bag has a little chick on it.  What you can't see is that even the back of the bag has a little round circle and feather for a tail for the back of the baby chick.  :-)


I thought this was just so cute and such a simple project.



She looked so cute and "Eastery" - even her hairbow had the right color pink and the other spring colors that were in her shorts.


No comments: