Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April brings... snapshots on the blog taken in April.

This posting is a potpourri of recent pictures.  :-D  Several of them were taken on my phone and I just loaded them on to my computer so if you are "my friend", that is, on facebook, you have already seen them.  :-)

Kay-Kay just looked so springy and pretty on this day - well, she did in the morning anyway.  School can be a little hard on the "polished" look though.


Sears, JC Penneys, and Wal-mart are alway advertising their new backgrounds - Spring backgrounds, Easter backgrounds etc.  But I thought, "Hey, why spend all that money when I can just take my own pictures at home and have my own toilet paper background?"  :-D



Just me and my girl.




Last Saturday we were out doing some Easter clothes shopping and I made sure we were well prepared for a day out in the wilderness, er, I mean the mall and Kohls.  To be well prepared for a trek like this your supplies should include: coupons, doorbuster fliers, giftcards, money from your clothing fund envelope, a pillow and snacks for your husband (a smart phone is helpful too), books, marker board and markers, and toys for your kid(s), and water bottles - oh yeah, and a Tide to Go stain remover stick (don't ask; I'll just say that Kevin and I both needed one.  I guess it was sloppy Saturday).


So Kay walked around Penneys reading this book when she got tired of being in the stroller.  I used to read while I was walking around too when I was a kid.  :-)  In my defense, the only store we went to in the mall was Penneys.  We were on a mission, well several really, and we had to make sure we got to a register before the door buster sales ended.  Then we went to Kohl's and Wal-mart so it really wasn't as bad as I made it sound.  So says Becky anyway.


Our church hands out these baby bottles once a year for people to fill with change for our local crisis pregnancy center.  It has taken us MONTHS to fill it because sometimes we don't think about it and a lot of our change goes right into the ash tray of our car.  But we finally got it filled.  Yeah us!!!  :-)


These are my "pick me up" flowers that were purchased after a REALLY, REALLY bad day recently.  How can those colors not make you happy? 

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Love the "before and after" pictures of Kay! :) Love seeing her smile at the end of her day!
Oh, and the backdrop...gives your picture such a "soft" feel, very "clean and comfortable"...ah-ha-ha!!