Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sledding (or more Christmas Abroad for you Rach)

Kaelyn desperately wanted to be able to play in snow when we went to New York.  Normally, there is already a lot on the ground and it always snows quite a bit while we are there but this time there was not really that much accumulated on the ground.  It finally started snowing Tuesday afternoon when we were headed out to Kevin's parents.  The snow flakes were so fine that we couldn't tell if it was actually snowing at first or if the wind was just blowing around the snow that WAS on the trees and ground.  Kaelyn was so excited when it started coming down enough that we could tell it was snowing.  It was so windy and in the teens though so we didn't last outside very long.  When we got to Massena, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground.  The weather was in the 30's and 40's while we were there so it wasn't really that unpleasant.  Wednesday, almost all of us went to a local park and went sledding.  I had not been sledding in YEARS.  I have to admit I was a little bit afraid I was going to wipe out badly or something but it was a pretty small hill so I decided to be brave.  :-D  I ended up going down lots of times as did Kevin and Kaelyn and most of the others.  I had SO much fun!  If we would've had a chance, we probably would've taken Kaelyn again.  So here is our great sledding adventure :  :-)


Joy and Kaelyn get a "push-off" from my dad.


Kaelyn getting ready to go down with Kevin.  John T. is "assisting" them.


Kevin and Kay going down the hill.


Kay and I getting ready to go.


Kevin and I were getting ready to go down and Kaelyn was trying to give us a push. :-)
(I love this picture by the way!  I think it's great in a very informal sort of way.)


This one makes me smile.  :-)  We always have so much fun together! 


Kev and I.


Wyatt wasn't sure about the cold weather and being all bundled up and he DEFINITELY wasn't sure about the sledding although he did go down a couple times with me toward the end.  He didn't cry but he didn't act like it was the best thing he had ever done either.  :-)


Kev and Kay.


Bud and John decided to try to make a train - sort of.  They used the two snow boogie boards as you can see.  It worked and they stayed like this most the way down I think.  :-)


Whenever Kay got to the bottom of the hill if she went by herself, she just sat there.  She would wait till someone came and helped her get up off the sled, then she would walk back up the hill.  :-)




Kaelyn and Emilee take another turn together.  I'm not sure how I missed pictures of Austin and Bryce going down.



Joy helping Toni.


Some of "the gang".


Joy and Emilee go belly down.


Joy talked Kevin into going down on his stomach on one of the boogie boards.  He was a little nervous but I think his conclusion after trying it was that it was the most fun that way.



Bud decided to try one of the sleds "snow board style".  Amazingly, he stayed up fairly well.  :-)



John, Joy, and Austin.  Quite a ride as you can see.



:-)


My legs are a little longish.  :-)



Worn out and cold when we got back to the car.


Both of us so happy after having so much fun!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Loving the pictures off of both these posts and anxiously awaiting more.