Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Abroad

These next pictures start my Christmas pictures from when we were in New York.  We arrived in Albany, NY late Christmas night.  I have lots of pictures so they will not all be in this post but this will be a start.
(This is my third attempt as I have been having different technical difficulties every time I go to do this blog post over the past few days.  Hopefully, it will work this time.)


Sunday morning after Christmas.


Look at that mischievous grin!  Kay thinks she is SO funny.  She is doing this thing now where she thinks it's funny to strike a "grumpy pose" - as in, look like Grumpy the Dwarf.  Which means it is very difficult to get a picture of her without her wanting to cross her arms and say, "humph" and try to make a grumpy face.  Just wait till she discovers giving bunny ears in pictures. *sigh*



We went to Saratoga Tuesday afternoon.  There was quite a bit of snow on the ground there and Kaelyn instantly decided to go play in it as soon as she got out of the car.  That really wasn't on the agenda so we had to go dig out boots, gloves, snow pants, etc. from the suitcase in the car (we were headed up to my parents from there.)



Cold ducks on a very cold pond.





Making snow angels.


Oh the joys of childhood - or the joys of snow if you're still a big kid at heart like myself.  :-)





Downtown street/shops of Saratoga.


A REALLY cool toy store in Saratoga that always has beautiful Christmas scenes decorating their windows.



A train table set up in the toy store.



Saratoga, of course, is famous for its horse races.



We've never been to one (a horse race) but we've got pictures with a race horse statue now.  :-)

Next post: sledding with my family in Massena.  TON OF FUN let me tell ya'.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Love it, it sounds so "grand"....we spent our holiday abroad!! :-) Kind of like "we spent our vacation in Scotland"...hey, now THERE'S an idea!! :-)

Becky said...

I commented earlier but it never posted. I just said that since my last post I titled "Christmas at Home" I decided this one had to be "Christmas Abroad". :)
I can't even IMAGINE how cold Scotland would be at Christmas time!!!