Sunday, October 10, 2010

Animal Kingdom

Last Saturday when we were up in Orlando, we spent Saturday at Disney's Animal Kingdom park.  Crowds were light and the park closed at 5:00 so we had a very laid back day.

Kaelyn's favorite ride/attraction in the whole park is the Kilimanjaro Safari ride, which is a "jeep" ride safari.


We always see lots of the animals and most times we have been there, there have been several babies.  This time we saw a baby giraffe, two baby elephants, and a baby rhinoceros.


:)  It gets better!




I told Kevin I would NOT be smiling and waving if I were really under water like this since I am terrified of deep water!


Told you it gets better!  Actually, we did not mean to be "turned around" like this though those of you who know both Kevin and I well know that it certainly would be like us to think it was funny to make Kevin be the girl and me be the guy.  :)  This worker standing there asked us if we wanted her to get a picture of the two of us so we just poked our heads through without paying attention.  When I was looking at the picture later I pointed out to Kevin that his head was on a woman's body - and then I looked again and realized that I was apparently a male Samurai warrior - or something weird anyway!  :)


Kay and I played hide-and-seek poking our heads through the face holes and stuff.  It's always interesting the things she finds entertaining when there are so many other forms of entertainment around (like the bubbles at Magic Kingdom).  But sometimes she needs the "down time" just to be away from people a bit and be in our own little world.


The three of us in front of the Tree of Life.

I will probably be posting a few more later this evening.

No comments: