Wednesday, July 21, 2010

End of School

So as you can tell by the title of this post, I am still "catching up".  Kaelyn's last day of school was June 10.  It was particularly sad since she will not be going back to Jensen Beach for Kindergarten.  She has made so much progress in the last year and a half that they do not feel like she needs to be in a class specifically for autistic kids.  That part is wonderful of course but a completely different school with all new people is scary -probably much more for me than her.  I took some pictures of her in the classroom in the morning of the last day of school, then we hung around for a bit when school was over and took a few more.

Kaelyn and one of her friends/classmates.


Kaelyn and Miss Marilyn looking through the scrapbook that I made for Miss Marilyn.


I like this picture a lot.


This is Kaelyn and Ms. Debbie - one of the two full time aides this year for the class.


Ms. Nancy was an aide in Kaelyn's class both last year and this year.


Kaelyn and her teacher Miss Marilyn.


A final hug.  Kaelyn loved Miss Marilyn SO much!  I know she's going to miss her.  :(


Out in front of the school.  The giant viking in the background is the school's mascot.  (I think the statute is kind of hideous personally but no one ask me what I thought of it so he's still there.)  :)

1 comment:

Mike and Heather said...

Becky, she's getting so big & SO pretty!! I love the long, blond pigtails :)