Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yay for vacation!

Well, here ya' go. There are two new posts below this one so there are 3 new ones in all. We got to the resort where we are staying for the week, yesterday evening. Today we went to Magic Kingdom. I will try to spare you the boring details of our vacation thus far but I did want to post a few pictures.


This isn't actually part of our vacation. It is just another
"cute" snapshot but it shows why Disney is so fun for us.


Our tickets with Fl resident AND AAA savings!


Kaelyn was so excited to be going to "Jumping on
the bed" - her name for any motel/place we stay
away from home. Yes, once upon a time we were
at a hotel and she got to jump on the bed and so
that has been her association with motels every
since then. We traded in our timeshare week and
got this 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit. The window
she is looking out of, overlooks part of the resort's
golf course but she was interested in the cranes
(or some kind of big birds - I'm terrible about not
knowing my own states wildlife and plants) and
a bug that she saw on a leaf.


I put her to bed early but she was so
excited knowing we were going to Disney
the next morning that she couldn't
sleep. So she ended up coming in and
hanging out with us for awhile.


When she saw how Pinnochio was posing,
she had to do the exact same thing. It was
so funny to watch her try to hold her foot
up AND hold her arm out at the same time.
I think the Disney photographer got better
pictures of it.


This was too funny. We've never done this before at
Disney. It's Belle's story hour. "Belle" comes out and
tells a short version of Beauty and the Beast using kids
from the audience to help act it out. She chooses kids
for all the parts except for the Beast/Prince. She
chooses one dad to play that part. Well, guess who
got chosen - yep, my own Prince Charming. I was
laughing so hard. I've got the best video clips of
him "dancing" with Belle and the characters and
"falling down dead". All in all, I think he was a hit
based off the laughter and clapping I heard around
me. He has just enough "not shyness" to enjoy
something like that. :)


With Belle after the show was over.


With a very western version of Goofy.
Okay sorry, I promised myself I wasn't
going to post tons of pictures to bore
you but I did anyway. :(

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

As I am sitting home, all by myself, trying to live vicariously through my family members, who are having more fun than me.....I was delighted to find the new postings, both of the vacation pictures that the "every day". Now if I could just get Net and Leah to post.
And as your bound to be feeling badly for me by now...I guess I will just go clean my house and put a load of laundry in. :-P LOL Have lots of fun, keep posting pictures.

Misty said...

Okay I had to laugh (sorry Kevin!!!) Looks like you all had a great time. We will have to do Disney one of these days....I am a little scared of all that with 4 kids! sounds like Kaylin is doing good in school so that is great!