Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little bit of this 'N that

The first picture here is just a snapshot we took when we were in Wal-mart one day on a regular grocery shopping outing. We put this hat on Kaelyn and she actually left it on for a couple minutes.
The other pictures are of her "cleaning up your mess" as she said it. Sometimes she amuses us because she is so often in her own little world and yet she picks up on things we never realized she knew. For instance, the broom. She has never given any indication that she knows what a broom is for. She doesn't pretend to sweep with it or anything. However, the other day she spilled my little trash can that I was using for scrapbooking trash. I don't know whether it was accidentally knocked over or intentionally dumped. Whatever the case was, when she saw all the little pieces of paper from the adhesive squares I use, it was like confetti - it was just way too fun to throw it up in the air and watch it fall all over the place. By the time I went to yell at her, she had gone and gotten the broom and was [attempting to] clean it up. I thought maybe Kevin had already seen her and told her to pick it all up but he hadn't. She just knew she had made a mess and we weren't going to be happy about it. A couple days later, she scattered a whole pile of stuff that was stacked all neatly ready to go to the consignment store. Once again, I saw the mess but by the time I saw it, she had the broom again - on the carpet trying to "scoop up" all the stuff scattered all over. When I saw it I said, "Kaelyn! What are you doing?" She said, "You need to clean up your mess!" (which meant she was trying to clean it up). I was so amused just watching her by that point that I couldn't get on to her. So that's what the last 4 pictures are from.




She was VERY serious about her work though she
didn't make very much progress with the broom.

"Sweeping" up the pile she knocked over.




No comments: