Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy birthday Kaelyn!

Four years ago today after I was induced the night before and in labor all night, Kaelyn Marie arrived around 5 something in the morning. She was a whopping 4 pounds and 11 ounces. She was just so unbelievably tiny that I think both Kevin and I felt a little lost as to what to do with her. :) Looking back at pictures of her not only as a newborn but as a baby, it's hard to imagine it's even the same person. We had no idea back then what her personality would be like and some of the struggles she would have. We loved her so much then but had no idea how much our love would grow as she got older. Today, given the choice, I wouldn't change a thing about her and I hope she always knows how much we love her and are proud of her. Happy birthday Kay-Kay!
I was going to post a few newborn pictures and annual b.day pictures but as I was looking through old pictures, it was just so much fun seeing them that I decided to post a bunch - and I DO mean a bunch. I imagine most of you (except grandparents, etc.) will get bored with it a third of the way down but that's okay - I enjoyed myself! :)

I just love the size perspective of these 2 (the one
above and below). She doesn't even look real in my
lap and you can see in the lower one that she wasn't
even as big as our placemats on the table!
A couple months old
Even a lot of preemie clothes were too big. We went
to Build a Bear when my family was here and bought
several items for her. My mom sewed the tail holes
up (since they were for stuffed animals) and they fit
her just perfectly. The visor and skirt here were both
from there.
This one cracks me up. Notice what her onsie from
Rach says - then look at her face!
Can you tell which one is real and which one is the
baby doll? (And look at who else has grown up a lot!)
Her first Halloween costume - she will
be absolutely mortifed one day I think!
I of course, think it's adorable.
Our first Christmas picture as a family - I wish
she would cooperate that well for pictures now!
This has always been a favorite of mine!
First birthday - I don't think she was really
that impressed by all the hoopla! :)
Partied out!
Kaelyn's second Christmas (2006)

Once again - one day she will be mortified - but
in all fairness, it was her doing to be going
around with the rag on her head. She went
through a phase of doing that and we never
figured out why. She would get a clean
(thankfully) rag out of the cupboard and put
it on her head while she played or watched a
movie


She was fast asleep on her changing table here.

Christmas of 2007 - it doesn't seem like
it's been a year and a half already since
we took this picture!

Third birthday party - also seems like it just
happened.




LOVE these hat pictures from last fall!

You can see that they have both done
a lot of growing and getting cuter in the
last four years!


Vacation last week
...And hopefully, some fourth birthday
pictures to come soon.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

The thought of being bored was the furthest from my mind=) It truly is amazing how time flies and everyone changes. Kay Kay is growing up too fast.

Most, if not all the newborn snapshots, I had never seen before. I was amazed at how small she really was. The pic in Kevins arms, and the one where she was on your lap in the hospital..really showed just how small.

As time continues.. cherish all the moments, snap those photos.. and love her unconditionally. I'm sure she knows;)

Happy Birthday KAY KAY!

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures! Happy Birthday Kaelyn.

Lynette said...

I thought you must have a slide show of about 100 pictures or more as dramatic as you were.Loved the pictures and tell Kay-Kay happy birthday from me and all her cousins that talk about her frequently.Yesterday the boys were doing an alphabet train puzzle and looking for the letter"k".Bryce was like, "hey Austin Kay-Kay".I thought that was cute for him to think of her.

The Taylors said...

awe, how quickly time has flown!!