Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kaelyn shares the rules for circle time at school

I was talking with Kaelyn's teacher today and she asked me if Kaelyn had told me what the rules for circle time were. Kaelyn had not told me so her teacher said, "Oh it's so cute. You've got to hear her." So they went through them all. I thought it was so cute that I recorded her saying them right before she went to bed tonight. They also do "calendar" every day in circle time which Kaelyn has become quite interested in. Even though I'm not quite sure she completely understands the concept of a day, she always wants to know what day it is now. I included two different "takes" of her saying them. I'm not sure whether you will have to move to the next slide to see the second one or if they will both just play automatically but there are two there. In case you can't quite understand them all, the rules are: eyes are watching, voice is quiet, body is still, ears are listening, raise your hand if you want a turn. They have little motions for each one. She can't quite figure out how to cross her arms to put her hands on her shoulders for "body is still" so it's kind of funny to see. She has been a little confused as to why they don't say it's March anymore but she seems to remember now that it's "Napril" instead of March but you can see her really concentrating to remember what today is.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Rules of Circle Time
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: