Monday, January 5, 2009

More Christmas photos

The pictures posted below are pictures from when we were in Rockwood (NY) at Kevin's parent's. The first two are Kaelyn with this gigantic Minnie that Kevin's uncle got her. I hadn't seen one like it and we all thought it was pretty cool. (I know that Disney world sells huge ones like that but I'm sure they are a ridiculous price in the parks.) The other pictures are of Kaelyn playing with snow. Notice I said playing WITH snow not in the snow. See, we were outside the church Sun. morning getting ready to leave. Kaelyn didn't even have her coat on but a bunch of kids were throwing snowballs and she was all excited about the snow on the ground so she went right over and started picking it up. She played happily for the next few minutes while Kevin and I stood talking. That was probably the closest she was going to get to playing in snow since both her parents were too big of wimps to feel like getting out in it this year. Actually, it wasn't really just that we didn't want to be outside, it just seemed like we were always trying to get somewhere or we had something we were supposed to be doing so we just didn't take the time to get out and spend time walking around/playing in the snow like we did last year.


This was probably her favorite gift of all the ones she
opened at her [Mosenthin] grandparent's house. Good
choice Uncle David!




Ever so daintily getting some snow. :)


Holding her little snow ball.
And back for more - seemingly oblivious to
the fact that it was stinkin' cold!
And I finally got her to turn and show me her snowball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minnie is just about as big as she is. My children love the snow. I was never able to stand the biting cold even when I was a child. I don't know how they do it.

Becky said...

I know Amy. It seems like it's always too cold and then you're just miserable being out in the snow or if you DO have enough layers on to be warm then you can't move and it's just uncomfortable.