Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 2 of school

This morning went about as "unsmoothly" as yesterday went smooth. Kaelyn seemed anxious to go to school and even ran in to bed last night when we told her she had to go to bed and then she could go to school. She was fine till we got into her classroom and then because she knew what was coming, she started clinging to me. When I left, the teacher was holding her and she was struggling to get free and she was SCREAMING and saying "Mommy, Mommy". Not a fun start to the day and I didn't feel very good when I left but after I walked out and around the corner of the building I could already hear her screaming subsiding to crying and I'm sure she will be fine once she gets busy. So, hopefully we won't have to go through that too many days 'cause that's really hard on a mommy.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

AWWW Becky, I realize this whole planning process and now the "real deal" had been difficult for you, but you know what you feel is truly best for your daughter, and thats what you have to hold on to. Keep encoureaged..
and I will be keeping you in my parayers.

Misty said...

Sorry Becky! I know it is hard!!

If it makes you feel any better, a year (and half ago!) we put Kaylee in Pre-K at Bethel Luthern Preschool. She was horribly shy and I wanted her to have some "school experience" before going to kindergarten all day.
The first day or two was okay and then for about 3 days I left her kicking and screaming on the floor. She had an awesome teacher...with a nose ring and tattoos,and pirate posters on the wall, but she was great...I just didn't know all of that the first week! I was sitting in the van crying, thinking "I can't do this". On the 4th day, I bribed her! LOL I told her if she didn't cry we would go to McDonald's for lunch....she didn't and we did and lived happily ever after at preschool! LOL

She ended up having a great year and even now when we drive by she says "I miss my preschool"

With kindergarten open house she was very shy and I couldn't leave the room....but she has done great with Kindergarten all year.

I know she didn't have some of the issues Kaylin does, but I just wanted to let you know (which you do 'cause you are a teacher!) that she isn't the only one...

You can come cry on my shoulder too if you need to!

Misty

The Taylors said...

Oh Beck, I'm sorry you had a rough morning! You know she's likely to be loving it soon.

Unknown said...

I'm praying that things will grow smoother.

Anonymous said...

Before too long, she probably won't even remember being scared. Although this will always be a harder memory for you than her. Keep your chin up, it gets easier. It's always harder to push the first little birdie out of the nest so to speak.