Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goin' places (Kaelyn and her car)

I've decided it's time to come back to blogland. I haven't had much heart or inspiration to blog lately but I am making myself come back anyway. I don't have anything too exciting to post but I might post some disney pictures from December sometime soon.
This upcoming week is a big week for us as Kaelyn will be starting "school" this week. It is actually a special class that will help deal with some of her issues. This will hopefully help get her on track so by the time she's old enough for school, we'll be able to put her in a regular Christian school. I may have pictures to post of that later on in the week. Meanwhile, emotions are running high for me in regards to that so say a little prayer for us as it crosses your mind.
Here are a couple of snapshots from a couple of weeks ago:


I went to take some stuff to a local consignment shop after
doing some cleaning and they had this car. We have quite
a bit of store credit from the last bunch of stuff I took and
Kay has always loved these cars when she has been
places where they have one. It was less than $20. It has
a little bit of wear and tear but considering what these
cost new, I thought it was worth the price.



They pulled the trailer out of the lot next to us and
right now it's just an empty lot with a concrete slab
so it's a perfect place for her to ride around.


I laugh every time I watch her. She has a tricycle but she
hasn't learned how to pedal it though we've tried and tried
to teach her. It would be so much easier to pedal the tricylce
than to have to propel herself along with her feet in this car
but she doesn't seem bothered at all at how slow her
progress is as she scoots herself along. I will try to get
some pictures to post later of her little pink shoes
walking along underneath. I don't know why it
amuses me so much to see but anyway...
She has even had some of the other kids and me to push
her in it which she's okay with but she seems to prefer
to just "shuffle" along at her own speed.

1 comment:

Leah & Jon said...

Love the pix, but I had to laugh at your description of her "shuffle"-ing along!