Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Montgomerys in Massena

Once a year or so, all of the Tim Montgomery clan converge upon the Pilgrim Holiness parsonage in Massena, New York.  It's one of my favorite things about Christmas.  There is never a shortage of laughs and good times and I always hate it when it's time to leave!  So, some pictures from the Montgomery family Christmas 2012.

Kaelyn's gift from Nana and Papa this year was a huge hit, not just with her but with all the kids.  It is an easel with a chalkboard on one side, a marker board on the other side, and then a place for a roll of paper.  She LOVES to play school at home so this was just the perfect thing for her!


In typical little girl fashion, she is writing who she "loves" here.  :-)


My adorable sister Joy.
She got her own smart phone for Christmas so I told her I needed a picture for her contact information and of course the picture turned out cute.


Like this picture quite a lot!


Little Eskimo
Oh wait, I'm not supposed to say that now am I?  But I mean it in the nicest, best way possible.  


A couple of very talented, artistic guys in our family left drawings for Kaelyn on her marker board.  I believe one of the dogs was drawn by my Uncle Bill and the other one was drawn by my brother-in-law, Jon Catton.



My brother teaching Aimee a family favorite game, Carroms.




I found these headband Santa hats back at Thanksgiving time and thought that would make the perfect photo "prop".


Leah kept yawning.  Every two or three pictures someone caught her yawning it seemed like.  Apparently all these pictures were wearing her out!  :-)


I don't remember what we were giggling about here but believe it or not, I don't think that I instigated it this time.  :-)


My mom and Aunt Rhonda.  
It was so nice having my aunt and uncle come for Christmas this year since we don't get to see them very often.


I really don't remember what was going on here, but the picture makes me laugh.  It looks like Joy is getting a stern talking-to by all of her older siblings but I don't think that was the case.  It just gives more insight to these "family photo moments" when we all get together and what it takes to get one - just one - decent picture.  :-)
Notice the little cutie that snuck into the picture during our lively discussion.  That's my niece Courtney.


Oh look!  Leah's yawning again.  :-D


Yeah, Bud has to work on that smile before his wedding.  But other than that, we finally got one!  :-)


My Mama and I playing with Rachel and John's puppy, Baby.

Part two in the post below.


2 comments:

The Taylors said...

But she is a warm, HAPPY Eskimo (as we know all Eskimos are warm and HAPPY beings) and that is the important thing!! :-D LOL

Leah & Jon said...

Listen give me a break already! I WAS pretty well exhausted... But I had good reason!

Also if I recall right, Joy WAS getting advised/scolded because she was whining about how she was supposed to sit on the floor or something. :)