Thursday, February 7, 2013

January Days

Nothing exciting or spectacular here in the next couple posts.  Just snapshots from our life in January.  :-)

This was at an Applebee's somewhere along the way between Massena, New York and Hobe Sound, Florida.  :-)


Both when we were at Kevin's parents and also when we were at my parents, we boxed up some presents and things and shipped them ahead of us.  :-)  The first ones arrived in Hobe Sound before we got back.  I'm frankly not sure whether to be annoyed or impressed with the U. S. Postal Service.  The box in the picture above was so gouged up that on this one side if you pulled the cardboard back a little bit, you could see the stuff inside the box.  It's amazing that they can be so rough on packages that a box shows up like this.  Furthermore, you would thing that maybe someone that handled the box along the way would have seen it and tried to secure it with tape.  However, on the other hand, it is simply amazing that the boxes were so badly battered but NOTHING had come out or was missing.  That's why I say that I'm not sure whether to be frustrated that the boxes arrived in this shape or impressed that they still arrived and had everything in them.  


This one also had a few gouges in one side but the biggest thing was that top flaps had come more than halfway untaped.  There were 2 or 3 strips of tape across and then a couple of strips across the sides originally. The tape was pulled back, mangled, or totally missing. But once again, it somehow held together and everything was accounted for and in good condition.


Kay looking cute as always at The Barrel - Cracker Barrel that is.  :-)


Some nice man at the next table over saw me taking pictures of Kaelyn and he got up and came over and volunteered to get one of both of us.  I was glad he had because I like the picture he got.


Kaelyn says, "Mom, look!  When we stop at a light, can you take a picture of me?"  :-)  Of course with such hilarity, I HAVE to get a picture.  :-)
(She's so much her mother's daughter, only with a seven-year-old sense of humor.)


One evening shortly after we got back home, Kevin got Kaelyn's new dollhouse out and put together.  It is so cool!  I think I was about as excited for it to get put together as Kaelyn was.  :-)


I was in the other room part of the time Kevin was setting it up. Kaelyn gave Kevin the dad to play with and this is what I overheard:  [spoken in an over-exaggerated low voice] "Well, I guess I'm going to go to work now.  I wish I had a car so that I wouldn't have to walk to work but oh well."
(And yes, that was Kevin not Kaelyn)  :-)


I absolutely LOVE this picture!!!




My two favorite people in the world.


No comments: