Thursday, February 7, 2013

January Days 2

More snapshots from last month.

The first full week that we were back from our Christmas trip, I was a little bit "blah" from leaving everyone and being back where it was hot and definitely not wintry.  It took Kaelyn a bit to get back into her routine also.  The Friday after the first full week back , I decided it would be good for us to get some fresh air rather than just sit around at home so we went to the park after school was over.  It was a beautiful day in the low 70's so I decided I really should stop being mopey about the warm weather.  :-)


Rudolph is one of her current favorite pals.


After Kaelyn finished on the playground, she suggested that we walk all the way around the park.  There is a huge field, some trees, and even a butterfly garden on the property that the park sits on.  It makes a big circle so we walked all the way around.  When we walked under the trees, Kaelyn decided she would really like to climb one of the trees.  She said, "But it's probably not a good idea is it?"  Now the responsible mother part of me should have said, "No, it's not safe at all.  You could fall and break your arm."  But having spent a good part of my childhood up in trees (and probably taking way more risks than I should have that probably would have given MY mom fits had she known), I really didn't have the heart or desire to to not let her experience being up in a tree and feeling like you are on top of the world.  So under my careful supervision and with my help she got up on to THE LOWEST BRANCH of the tree.  :-)  She's not quite as daring as I was at that age and her fearfulness of falling was probably actually a good thing.  I don't think I had enough sense as a kid to realize what would happen if I fell from some of the heights I climbed.
(But I'm still here so you can breathe again Mama!)  :-)



I didn't have the real camera and we hadn't really planned to do a photo shoot so I didn't get any outstanding pictures but there are still some cute ones.



This made us laugh and laugh and whenever Kaelyn or I see the picture, we laugh all over again.  The picture was not altered in anyway though it looks like it could have been photoshopped.  For some reason, the angle at which she was holding her head and the way she had her hand under her chin made it look like her head was just glued on to the picture of her body.  I didn't really notice the way it looked when I was taking the picture on my phone but as soon as we looked at the pictures and we saw this one, we both were getting cracked up!  :-D


We continued around to the little butterfly garden and enjoyed looking at the different flowers and plants, watching the squirrels play, and goofing off for some more pictures.


Look to the left...


look to the right...


heads out...


...and heads in.   :-)   :-)   :-)

No comments: