Sunday, April 25, 2010

Picture(s) of the day

This is a post that I posted on facebook yesterday but my pictures for today go along with the posting so I copied and pasted it to here:
Tryin' to start teaching Kaelyn about working, money, etc. I had her help clean up in the kitchen tonight - as much as a 4 year old can. As soon as she finished, I gave her a quarter to put in a new money bank we got her. I explained that everytime she does "some jobs" I will give her a quarter to put in her money bank. She went skipping off excitedly and said, "That sounds swell!" :) We don't want to "pay" her for every chore and we will separate regular responsibilites from extra chores as she gets older but we want her to begin understanding that you have to actually work to get money and you have to have your own money to buy things.


She was so proud of this money bank. We found
it at the flea market yesterday for a few bucks.
She carried it all over the place very carefully.
It IS hard plastic though and not breakable.


It's just perfect for her with some of her
favorite characters on it. She is really
excited about the whole "helping out/
getting quarters for her money bank" thing.

No comments: