Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tidbits

This blog post is random snapshots from the month of December.  I looked through and selected the pictures that I thought were interesting, cute, funny, etc.  :-)


Kaelyn was watching a movie from Netflix called "The Twelve Dogs of Christmas". She went and got every stuffed dog that she has that she could find.  I'm not sure if she actually had twelve but she had quite a few (I think maybe she had 10).



One afternoon, Kaelyn asked me to help her find "something for her pals to stand up on".  It took me a bit to figure out that she was wanting a stage so that her pals could put on a Christmas show.  We got a box for a stage and we even draped a blanket from the couch down over the box so that they could have a "curtain" over them until it was time for the show to start.  She went and got her pretend microphone and then several of her pals got to take turns singing different Christmas songs.



This picture is especially for Kaelyn's Nana.  She got this elephant for Kaelyn more than a year ago because Kay loves elephants.  I walked in and found her like this one evening and thought it was cute.



Pictures from SeaWorld from their special Christmas celebration.  Every 30 to 45 minutes, the lights on the trees that you see on the water behind us were synchronized to Christmas music for an awesome light show.


I was on the third day of having the flu here.  I had actually felt much better during the day but by evening time I was starting to chill and my fever was back by the time we left.  That's why my face looks flushed even though it was a bit chilly out and I was freezing from the chills.  :-)


SeaWorld has so many neat extra things around the park on the nights when they have their Christmas celebration.  These elves were just standing around talking to people and getting pictures with people.  Kaelyn had on the elf hat so they made a pretty big deal about her being an elf too.  They sat and talked with her for a long time and she went on and on talking about her pals.  They didn't seem to mind and took as much time as she wanted to sit and talk.


Kaelyn thought this was hilarious.  I thought this was hilarious.  Buster was not even slightly amused.  The best part is that you can TOTALLY see all over his face how unimpressed he is here!  :-)



At least we didn't stick him up under the tree like this for a picture (though I thought about it).  :-)


This is just too cute - even though he did hate us at the moment.


And this was Kaelyn's day to be home with the flu though she bounced back much faster.  I know that you can see in her eyes that she wasn't feeling well but I still think the pictures of her are so cute.


This was at a Wal-mart stop on our LONG journey over Christmas - Salisbury, North Carolina to be specific.  This picture makes me smile.  :-)


These pictures are from the park in downtown Johnstown, New York.  We like to walk around and look at the decorations at some point while we are there if it's not too miserably cold.



Although Kaelyn is not a big fan of Santa Claus, she LOVES Rudolph.  So we walked through snow up around our ankles so that she could go sit in the sleigh and pretend she was driving the reindeer - and we could get pictures of her.  (Now that I think of it, I don't think you can actually drive reindeer as I stated above but you get what I'm saying)  :-D   :-D  :-D



Kaelyn took this for us though she wasn't thrilled about having to take her gloves off in order to snap the picture on the phone.  

1 comment:

Leah & Jon said...

I read "Kaelyn thought this was hilarious." And I thought "I think it's hilarious!" Then I read the rest and had a good laugh! That dog never fails to amuse me! :D