Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lookin' Back

January pictures?  Why not?
These pictures start out from New Year's time in Massena and end with spirit week at Kay's school.



Gigantic plush snake we found down in one of the rooms of the church basement (we hid it in Rachel and John's bed in their room).  :-)

Great pose Kaelyn!  :-)


This is just too cute not to share!


Kaelyn was so proud of her "Rudolph look".  
I even have a video of Kaelyn crawling over my mom as my mom laid on the floor so that Kaelyn could pretend to be acting out "Grandma got run over by a reindeer".  It's hysterical but you will have to take my word for it if you weren't there.  :-D



Sibling pictures

You can tell which of us are the three oldest, most mature siblings.
:-)





My Little Pony wedding castle set that Kaelyn got for Christmas.  This was something that she DESPERATELY wanted for Christmas.





During one week in January, they had spirit week at Kaelyn's school.  She really, really wanted to participate and dress up every day but it was such a struggle because of her sensory issues.  Any clothing she's not used to or any fabric that feels different, etc. is hard for her to handle.  But she was a good sport and did her best to tolerate it all because she wanted so badly to be a part of the fun.


Monday was Western/Outdoors day. 
 We kept it simple with a Jessie t-shirt and cowgirl hat complete with Jessie's red braid attached to the back.






Monday afternoon when I picked her up from school, Kaelyn informed me that she wanted to dress up like she was from the 50's for Decades Day the next day.  Well that nearly put me into a panic and due to such short notice, we had to just kind of make do.
With Kevin's help, I found a clip art poodle and was able to "color" it on an online coloring program.  After printing it and cutting it out, I pinned it to the "skirt".  We found the scarf at Wal-mart to complete the look.




Wednesday was Animal Day.
We about didn't handle the face paint - her because of the feeling of it on her face and me because, well, she wasn't handling it well which didn't make my job of applying it any easier, especially since I had never used anything like that before.  We survived the morning though and she had a pretty good day the rest of the day.


Thursday was Superhero Day and this was the extent of it - we needed a simple "costume" after the previous days.


Friday was school spirit day.
The face painting this day went much more smoothly.  When we went to spray the blue coloring in her hair she was a little bugged but she was so thrilled with the look once I finished.  She loves her school and is so proud of it!


And one more random photo from January - doing homework on our dock on a beautiful South Florida January day.


No comments: