Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wedding Bells

My brother married his long-time sweetheart back in April.  The wedding was in Lake Placid, New York.  It was nice to have an excuse to get together with everyone and see friends that we hadn't seen in years. 
If you're one of those people that are into looking at wedding pictures, you're in luck.  If not, you might just want to skip the next two posts containing about sixty pictures total.  :-)

We flew into Burlington, Vermont this time.  Kay and I have never been to Vermont.  It is absolutely beautiful!  Who knew?  :-)  It was probably less than an hour that we were in Vermont before crossing into New York but I couldn't get over how beautiful everything was from the small towns to the mountains to the countryside.  We took a ferry across Lake Champlain into New York.  That was a new experience for Kaelyn.  Unfortunately, it was so bitter cold and the wind was whipping like crazy so we couldn't stand to be out of the car for more than just a couple minutes.  It was an amazing view going across though.  The sun was just barely still above the horizon and peeking over the mountains.



Some COLD looking mountains.


This is a restaurant on the New York side of the lake, the Old Dock Restaurant.  It looked so picturesque as we approached the other side of the lake.


The ramp coming down for the cars to unload from the ferry.


Kaelyn was so pleased with her outfit.  She said, "Wouldn't it be funny if at 12:00 (midnight) my dress turned back into my regular clothes?" Then she said, "I just need some mice now."  :-)



The Prelude


I don't play the piano in public anymore so I was pretty much a nervous wreck!

I think I should retire my piano playing permanently when other people are around after this.




Sweet picture - Rachel pinning Grandfather's boutonniere on.


Two of the ushers/groomsmen.


Family gathering into the church before the ceremony.


Cute cousins hanging out before the wedding.


Cousins and their great grandfather.


Two adorable girls - baby sis, JoyAnna and my niece, Madelyn.






The ceremony.  My dad spoke and he did a FANTASTIC job!


The bride's grandpa doing the vows.


I thought that this was a neat shot that Kevin got of my grandfather during the ceremony.


The vows - they wrote their own vows and they were so sweet.



Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Montgomery II.
P. S. I love the cute little embarrassed grin on my brother's face in the picture above.




The Bible bearer and flower girl.


Every one was given bubbles to blow when Bud and Aimee came out of the church.
These next three pictures are so priceless to me and they pretty much speak for themselves.  I'm so glad that Kevin caught this!


LOVE these pictures of my dad!  
(My cousin David next to my dad.)


The bride and groom.



My nephew Wyatt.  The bubbles may just have been one of the best parts of his day.  :-)


4 comments:

Aimee said...

Becky, Each time that I look through these, my heart swells as I remember the day! :-) These are such awesome pictures! I am reminded each and everyday at just how much I am truly blessed to call him my husband! :-)
Im sure this wont be the last time that I look at these either! Thanks for posting them!

Becky said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Aimee. And to think that I debated whether I should even post them - I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in seeing them. I figured that maybe you had already seen so many that you wouldn't necessarily care to see the ones we had. :-)

Aimee said...

Oh I Love them.. I really have just seen the ones floating around on facebook,and thats about it. We are anxiously awaiting any news from Jon, the photographer on when we will have the opportunity to see our pictures that he took!
Looking back, a wedding goes so quick with all that goes on, and it was hard for us to take in much of it ourselves. I loved looking at them, as it gave me some time to "REALLY" take it in.

Cheryl Myers said...


These are beautiful pictures Becky! Thank you so much for posting them! It was good to see you again!

Take Care!

Cheryl Myers