Saturday, October 8, 2011

Joy's Recital

When we were in New York this past summer, our trip happened to be timed just right so that we got to attend one of Joy's piano recitals.  I was very happy since so many of those things of Joy's we all miss now since we're all away from home - and so far away besides.  It was a Sunday afternoon at a local Catholic school.  Leah and Maddie also came so we all had a "good 'ole time".  Joy's song was Fur Elise and she plays it beautifully (we got to hear the "pre-views" of it also when she was practicing at home). 

Waiting for the recital to start.


Chatting during the break.


  Look at that tongue. :-)  She sat and layed contentedly on my lap for a long time like I wasn't a stranger even though this was the first time we saw her.



Standing around chilling during the intermission.





This one some how got out of order.  I love the way Maddie just looked at Kevin like she was posing for him in these pictures.






A picture of the outside of the school.  A beautiful building.


Finally her turn.









I love all these pictures where she is VERY concentrated on her playing.





All of the piano students gathered for a group picture afterwards.  I don't remember how many students Mrs. Barnum has but I'm thinking it was close to 40.  It was quite a chore just getting them all arranged by height so that you could see them all!  :-)




The "already arranged" students waiting patiently for the pictures to be taken.


Joy and her piano teacher.



Joy with Mama and Daddy.  A couple of GREAT pictures of the three of them.

I was so happy to get to be there and be part of Joy's "fan" section,  :-)

1 comment:

Leah & Jon said...

Wow! I didn't realize how bald Madelyn got when she lost all her hair! It's funny looking!