Sunday, June 26, 2011

Up a tree

I uploaded these pictures to blogger a few nights ago and forgot about them so I thought I would quickly post them tonight.


This is one BIG reason I wanted to spend a while up here (in NY) during the summer.  The combination of Florida being so hot by this time of year and the trees, grass, etc. being so different means that Kaelyn doesn't experience some "normal" summery things like climbing trees, catching fireflies, playing outside without it being unbearably hot.


Kaelyn, my youngest sister Joy and a little friend Jordan.


They were all supposed to be waving - obviously, Kay-Kay likes to add a little more drama and expression to things. 
 :-)





As some of you already read on facebook when I posted this picture, I was equally proud and terrified about this.  Kaelyn wanted Joy and Jordan to get down after a bit so that she would be up in the tree all by herself.  She was so proud of herself.  I thought NOTHING of being up in trees - even higher - with no adult around when I was a kid.  I was obviously naive to such things as broken arms, legs, skulls, etc. acquired from falling from trees.  Though I didn't stop Kay from climbing and I totally understand the awesome feeling of being so high up in a tree like that among the leaves, I was so afraid every time she moved.  *sigh*  ahhhh... motherhood.


So much like her mama - but cuter!




A pair of helpful hands.


Joy hung off the branch before dropping down to the ground so Kay wanted to hang from the branch as well.


1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Drama?? Kay?? Ha, ha she is such a little girl! :-) She may have been slower getting there, but get there she did! <3
BTW - I think her mom is cute!