Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kaelyn's Birthday Party

I was sitting at the computer choosing pictures from Kaelyn's birthday to blog and she was sitting next to me.  So she helped me choose which ones I should post.  :-)  Actually, if I would have posted ALL the ones that she thought were interesting, I would have posted them all and then you would have really been bored.  She had so much fun at her birthday this year.  She has just started really "getting" what birthdays and more specifically, birthday parties are about and she still talks about her birthday party.


First, an "extra" picture thrown in here, which WAS taken sometime right around the b.day party.  :-)



Chillin' and watching a movie before the party starts.  She asked me what she was watching here in this picture and of course, I had no idea... but SHE REMEMBERS!


Rach working on the birthday cake.


Kay desperately wanted a Phineas and Ferb party and cake so I bought a toy set and we (mostly Rachel) made our own.  (I baked it and Rachel decorated it.)


I crawled back behind the table to work on the balloons and stuff.


Birthday girl.




The table/decor




Look how pleased she looks!


Honestly, I wanted something far more girly or cute than Phineas and Ferb but she kind of had her heart set on this so that's what we went with and she was so excited and happy.



Pizza for supper.



So I have to share this:  Every time Kaelyn sees these pictures of the kids eating she has to tell about what she was saying while they were eating.  She informed them all (several times) which direction they were - Andrea was south, Kay was north, Megan was west and Zach was east.


Gift time



Long story here but I'll try to summarize it:  I had a conversation earlier in the day about Kaelyn needing to take a nap or at least rest because she hadn't been getting much sleep and I told her I was afraid she would be grumpy and ornery for her party.  Totally unrelated to that, Rach and John had found this plush Grumpy Dwarf.  The only reason they got Grumpy was because he was the only one of the seven dwarfs that they had.  As soon as Kay opened the present and saw it was Grumpy, she thought it was being implied that SHE was Grumpy and she took it very personally and was embarrassed.  :-)


We couldn't quite figure out at first why she flopeed over on the floor all embarrassed and upset and then I finally figured it out by comments she made to me a little later about how she didn't want to be grumpy etc.






I like this one a lot!


I think the look [in the picture above] was amusement and sheepishness over this "scene" here.  John was acting out Grumpy or something. :-)


Mr. Potato Head shirt that she LOVES.



Perry the Platypus t-shirt


Perry sunglasses from the Brown's that went with the shirt perfectly.


Britt with the canine party guests.



Excited and surprised over a present.



The Eiffel Tower - another long story that I'll spare you the details of.  All I can say is - only Kay-Kay!  (And yes, she was quite happy to get her own Eiffel Tower)


She's so cute you can't help but love her to death!  :-)



Buster has the same birthday as Kaelyn, which is kind of funny and cool.  Brown's big dog ,Izzy's birthday is the next day so they got their own cupcakes.  :-)
Izzy wasn't impressed with being up there for the picture and she jumped down before we got the picture.  Buster of course doesn't care if there's food there or a burning candle, if he can get it in his mouth, he thinks it's edible.  :-)



Kay-Kay and Megan




Kevin and I trying out the new Disney songs sing-along wii game.

The only bad thing about this whole day/party is that --- my little girl is a year older - and I can't stop her from getting older too quickly!  :-(

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I have to agree about the cute and lovin her to death. Id just like to give her a hug!