Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Tea and Photo shoot

Friday, Kaelyn's class had a mother's day "tea" and lunch.  It was a lot of fun but I am so frustrated with myself.  I took the camera and got several pictures and videos but forgot to get any pictures of me and Kaelyn.  I even thought about it before hand and still forgot.  Other than that, it was all really great.  The kids were just starting to eat their lunches and there was food for the moms.  After we ate, the kids performed "Green Eggs and Ham" - their favorite story/movie.  It was a bit chaotic with 12 autistic (and somewhat hyper) kids but cute all the same.  Kaelyn had two parts to say and she stood up and held up her pictures and said her lines loud and clear.  :-)



Kay with her lunch tray from the cafeteria.  Thankfully they had brought in a sub ring and a fruit and veggie tray for the moms.  The school lunch didn't look that appetizing.  :-)


Kay sitting in her seat waiting for their little performance to start.  Oh yeah, they also sang a couple songs about moms and grandmas.





After the kids were finished, the moms just milled about and talked.  Kay went to her favorite play area in the classroom - the kitchen.  I was able to take some "normal school day" pictures that I would not normally ever get a chance to take.





This was Saturday on our way out to go grocery shopping, etc.  I got flowers, cards, and dinner out.





Mother's day photo shoot - it is what it is. 

Then this afternoon, Kaelyn agreed to and cooperated with a photo shoot.


First attempt at this shot - not too bad but not the best.
Second attempt - I didn't even post.  The wind kept "poofing" my shirt out so our expressions were good but I had my hand across the front of my shirt.


Third attempt at the photo - great one!  Oh wait!  Buster decided to wander into this shot and not showing his best side either.  Oh well, you get the idea.


So I know that it seems like we have most of our pictures taken by palm trees or water but we live in Florida and well, that's pretty much what there is in Florida.




Really like this one and...


... totally LOVE this one!!!






*Long sigh.....*  Once again, a great shot ruined by one small thing - my squinty eyes this time.



By this time, we had lost Kaelyn - as in lost her attention - but I was happy we had a couple decent ones of the two of us.


Kevin just kept taking pictures after Kaelyn wandered off with Buster so what was there left to do but smile and pose?  :-)


So all in all, I had my favorite people and some of my favorite things all weekend long and it was a simple and simply perfect Mother's Day!
Oh, and by the way, I know I'm only an hour away from being late but - Happy Mother's Day to you moms reading this!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Great pictures Becky!