Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weekend "teaser" pictures

We just spent a week up in New York visiting our families. Ideally, I will post more of the pictures later but given my lack of keeping up with my blogging, it is possible it won't happen.  So this is supposed be just a "teaser" or summary of our weekend but if I don't get back to them for awhile at least you will get to see  a few.  I was just going to choose a few but as I went through selecting pictures to post, I wanted/needed to post more than just a few to cover different things so I will try to keep most of the comments brief.
These two pictures (the one right above and below) are actually from my brother-in-law Jon.  Because they were loaded from his camera to my computer, they were first in the folder.  I decided to go ahead and post them first even though the picnic/canoing with my family was actually at the end of our trip.  I thought they were so extra cool looking and eye catching - I think they look like something you would see in a book or framed.  The "sunset canoers" are my dad, Joy, Kaelyn, and Kevin.


Now back to the beginning of the trip...  We were at Kevin's parents Wednesday thru Saturday.  This is Kaelyn and her Aunt Lara looking at pictures on Lara's camera.


We had a [belated] retirement party for Kevin's dad Friday night while all the family was there.  The weather was about perfect that evening and there was a nice turn out of close to 40 people there.


Marianna brought out a bunch of balls for the kids that were there - and not just "regular boring" balls as you can see.  :)


Saturday afternoon, we made the drive up to my parent's house.  We all (my parents and Joy and Jon and Leah) went to Pizza Hut for a late supper Saturday evening.  Then we all went out to the Locks to watch a ship as it went through the locks.  On Monday, Kevin and I went golfing during the day and then that evening, we all went over to a park for a picnic and then did some canoing and played tennis - great times and once again, beautiful weather for the evening!


Eating


Getting Kay ready to go for a canoe ride.  She loved it!


Off they go!


Putting the canoe back on my dad's work van.


Tennis - Joy, Kaelyn, and myself.


Leah


Jon


The wild, cheering fans - okay so maybe they weren't really cheering and come to think of it they're not really wild either so maybe they were just spectators.  :)  Mama took a turn playing a little later on.


Kaelyn and Nana playing together.

No comments: