Sunday, December 6, 2009

Conversations with the dog

Occasionally, Kaelyn will go out to the kitchen first thing in the morning to where Buster is in his cage and she will have whole conversations with him (or at him is more like it since he never replies). This morning I walked out in time to overhear her. She was knelt down by his cage and she said, "Hey Buster! How's my buddy today? Are you my buddy? Did you have a good day today?" (even though it was 8:30 in the morning) Then she said, "Did you have fun at the parade yesterday? (he stayed home in his cage while we went to the parade by the way) Was it fun seeing the cow? (the chick-fil-a cow) Did you see Daddy in the parade? That's so silly Daddy in the parade!" She talked about how much fun "he" had at the parade for a bit and then I had her breakfast ready. We sat down to eat and he couldn't stand being left in his cage with her right there so he started crying (his little puppy wimper). She said, "Why are you crying Buster?" and then she totally cracked me up 'cause she said, "You'll be okay, you're just fakering!" :) I don't even need a video of myself to hear myself repeated daily. Though I say "faking" not "fakering", I do say that to her if she's trying to make herself cry or just whining. I was so tickled with her. She is particularly funny that way because so much or her verbalization is memorized phrases that she's repeating. She's quite the little mimic. Sometimes she'll say something and I can about tell who it is at school that she's heard say it just because of the tone or voice she uses. Fun times!


This is a completely different incident and story -
maybe someday I will share it - or maybe you
can just figure out on your own what is taking
place here!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Children give us some of the best entertainment and memories to last a lifetime:)

Lynette said...

That's so cute and i think it is hilarious when we here our children repeat us because they leave no doubt where they heard it.

Leah said...

CUTE!

By the way I like the new pictures! I just discovered the one of you and Kevin along the side and I really like it!

yeurper (Yep-per) - I never knew how to spell that! :-)